MSE 102 Materials Science and Engineering Orientation
Assist. Prof. Dr. Åeniz KuÅhan AkÄ±n, Materials Science and Engineering Dept. NB-17, e-mail: email@example.com
Emre YÄ±lmaz, Materials Science and Engineering Dept. Room: NC-08, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSE 102 Materials Science and Engineering Orientation is a two-credit course presents a culturally relevant, contemporary and historical account of the applied science of materials. It is constructed around three major, interrelated themes:
- Historical and worldwide account of the development of materials' cultures and technologies, beginning in the Old Stone Age.
- A modern account of the applied science of materials, which is the application of basic physics and chemistry to the world around us.
- A discussion of the relationship among the processing (creation) of a material, its consequent structure (from the atomic to the macroscopic), its attendant properties (e.g., mechanical, physical, and chemical), and its performance in a given application.
TEXTBOOK and Reference BOOKS
- Mainly lecture notes and handouts given by the instructor
- Paul R. Howell, “Earth, Air, Fire & Water: Elements of Materials Science”, Pearson Custom Publishing, 2nd edition, 2005 or Kendall Hunt Publishing, 1st edition, 2012.
|Homework Assignments & Term Project||60%|
Minimum of 70 % attendance in class are mandatory.